Monday, February 1, 2016

I'm a trainer! Possible investigators!!!

So there was transfers last week.
 The Mission President decided to have me stay in Castle Rock and train a  "greenie"!
 A "greenie" missionary is someone straight out of the Missionary Training Center. They are like a green banana that has not ripened :) I picked him up from Colorado Springs Tuesday. That night I had our dinner and two member lesson appointments wearing green shirts for him!

My new companion's name is Elder Sanford!! He is from California and knows how to drive in the snow!!! YAYY!!!! I will be training him here in Castle Rock for the next 12 weeks. By the end of it I will have spent over 25% of my mission in Castle Pines Ward!!! Pretty awesome! I love it here!

My last companion, Elder Hunter was transferred to Limon, CO 

(the plains area).
Here is a picture of Elder Hunter and I (my last comp) and 
Sasha- the dog!





We have a total of about 6 possible investigators!!!


The Tranbergs (part member family)
the Kendricks
The Dwyer Kids
Tina!
and Yosh!
If you could all please pray that they may feel the spirit in their lives and be directed to the church, so that we can call them investigators officially! That would be great! The more prayers the better!

A little bit about Elder Sanford! 
He is 19 years old and came from the Bay Area of California (Cupertino) and worked at a ski shop! He made about 1/3 to 1/4 of his mission funds from that and playing the video game League of Legends!!! He MADE MONEY PLAYING VIDEOS GAMES!!! SO COOL!!!
He was born in Korea but was adopted at 3 months to a family with a Caucasian dad and a Hispanic mom from El Salvador! He has a younger brother also from Korea (no blood relation) and a older sister born naturally and a sister adopted from Mexico!! He is an amazing teacher and has already started to lead the lessons!! Whoop Whoop!

This week I also gave a talk in church about Feasting on the words of Christ!
The scriptures are amazing and are used for many different things! But the main thing to sum it all up is to help us grow! As we read the scriptures we can find stories that we can liken unto ourselves! For example if you are about to move and change homes and you don't feel good about it follow Nephi's example and pray to know if it is the right thing! 




I love you all!

-Elder Mackin

No comments:

Post a Comment