Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Using the correct tools

Hey everyone!

This week was great! We had Zone training and talked about how we need to use the correct tools to accomplish our goals. For example, it is very hard to eat cereal using a fork or knife. (they had us eat cereal doing that) The same goes for teaching.

If we don't study our scriptures we are going to have a harder time teaching. Doctrine & Covenents 11:21

 21 Seek not to declare my word, but first seek to obtain my word, and then 
shall your tongue be loosed; then, if you desire, you shall have my Spirit and 
my word, yea, the power of God unto the convincing of men.

This is very true as a missionary and I have seen it work in my own teaching. If I study during the morning I am blessed with the Spirit and as I teach thoughts have come to me for me to share. When I do the members I have taught have felt the Spirit more. 

This week we taught 13 active member lessons! And this upcoming week we are practically booked!
 We have lessons just about every night from 6-8 So I am excited! 

I also believe I will be getting transferred to a different area at the end of this week (nothing official yet) but if you are going to be sending mail during this week please send it to the Mission office (address on top right of blog) 

We also went on a walk with our investigator Susan this week! We brought along Sister. Walker ( the Sister who's house we stay at) and they got along right off the bat! Susan though let us know that she wants us to know that she will not be converting and that is not her purpose for having us over. She likes our company and learning about our religion. but she has no intention of converting.
That is alright though. Knowing that we are planting seeds and letting her know that we are there for her is one of the reasons we go. 

Expect lots of photos next week because I will be taking photos with some of the members in this area! 

I love you all!

-Elder Mackin

No comments:

Post a Comment