Monday, February 29, 2016

Investigators yeah!

2/22/2016

This week was somewhat slow. But we did lots of service!! We helped out Sister Cox who is the daughter of a member and we helped the Kendricks' move a lot of furniture.
Cade and Elder Horse? from a District meeting

We also went on exchanges on Friday! (where we swap companions for a day with the District leader)
I went to the Spanish Elders area and had dinner at a house where they only spoke Spanish.
They had me say the prayer. But I was ready to bare my testimony! "Jesucristo muy bien!"

We also had stake conference! We had Elder Deshler of the 70 come and speak to us! 

I love you all!
-Elder Mackin




2/23/2016

This is Cade's mom here. I received an awesome text from a great Sister in Colorado where Cade is serving. It brought me to tears and I had to share.

Sister Mackin! I wanted to let you know how much we, especially my boys love Elder Mackin!!!
Before he came, my boys were just lukewarm about missionaries. Then they met your son and everything changed! They have related to/with him in a way I wasn't sure they would with any missionaries, And it was immediate. Now they love to have the missionaries in our home. We will be really sad when he gets transferred. So, as a mother of boys, to a mother of boys, I say thank you for everything you have done to help shape your son into an amazing influence on my sons!
 Celeste McNeil & family

2/29/2016

This week was great! 
Tuesday we met with a person who called us asking for reading material about our church. So we  gave him the Book of Mormon, a Bible, and all of the pamphlets we have!
We also taught Sister Cox who is one of the ladies we have been doing service for. We shared about where we came from before this earth, why we are here and where we are going! 

We have also been teaching missionary lessons during church! We have asked people to write down names and pray about how they can help them bring them into the fold! Whether it be inviting them to dinner with the missionary, having them over for Family Home Evening or  bringing them to church.
Or even inviting them to take the missionary discussions!

Cade and the Kendricks' Fat Wiener Dog Dandy!
I love you all!

-Elder Mackin

No comments:

Post a Comment