Wednesday, November 18, 2015

What's with all this white stuff??!?

So snow is very fluffy. And cold! I don't know if I like it or not.....

This week I learned how to shovel snow! We shoveled the Walker's drive way (who's house we live in) and then went and helped a non member who was in a serious bike accident and shoveled her drive way. We then also helped another non member. Then went and helped Brother Manchester - the older man who we helped move his couch. And our investigator Susan!

I made a snow angel and a snow angel Moroni!

There is also some kids in the ward who every time they see me, hug me! When we were over for dinner at their house I noticed a ton of Pokemon cards on the ground. I  asked if they liked Pokemon. They do of course. So we talked about Pokemon after our message. Now they keep asking their parents "when is Elder Mackin coming back to eat?"  :) They are really cool kids!
We have also been taking Max out with us to teach lessons with members! He has gone with us twice so far and we hope he can keep going with us till he leaves! He is leaving on Dec 2nd to the Provo MTC to serve in Argentina! He is going to be an awesome missionary!
So this week we went with one of the Keller kids (the kid dressed as Link for Halloween) and we did service! We raked two peoples yards and one of them is very friendly and kept trying to offer us money but we can't except it. So she instead made us goodie bags filled with candy. 
This week we also visited a past investigator.(he has gone through about 6 sets of missionaries) He is not progressing because he will only join if God physically tells him to join or he sees the Golden Plates. So basically he has no faith. But we visit him every so often to check up on him and let him know we still care about him.
On Saturday we were tracting in area 4 of our ward, when Elder Price and I felt like that was not where we were supposed to be. He had the prompting that we should visit the Kendrick family. When we got there David was upstairs but his wife (who we rarely ever get to talk religion with) was down stairs and let us in. We talked with her and then David came down and talked also. Every time before when we are at the Kendricks David is the one who wants to talk religion and that is basically it. He won't progress he just wants knowledge. But Karen I believe is ready. She talked to us and has lots of questions and believes in God. While David only believes in the possibility of a God he won't say there is one and he won't say there is not. 
This past week we had a total of 24 lessons! and we are trying for more! 
I am LOVING serving and teaching!!!!
I love you all!

-Elder Mackin

Below are two different

Pictures that members sent to me via text!!! I LOVE them!



No comments:

Post a Comment