Tuesday, September 29, 2015

First full week in the field!

Hey everyone!

I am official in the field! I am in the city of Castle Rock! My companion/trainer (for my first 12 week training) is Elder Price from Idaho Falls, he is a great guy! They basically matched our personalities perfectly. He was also home schooled, loves Disney and is a big Scouter- so we have a lot in common and have a lot to talk about. (we have been rocking out to Disney music all week- which IS aloud in our mission :)

Here is a Picture of me and the Mission President and his wife- President and Sister Rehm.


We are staying in Stake Presidency Councilor Walker's home. They are very nice.

 Castle Rock is apparently one of the hardest areas. When I got here we had no investigators and all of our goals are either a 0 or a 1. (except for referrals and AML (Active Member Lessons) which are either 2 or 4). 

Yesterday while track-ting we prayed to know what houses to knock on. For about 5 minuets I had no promptings whatsoever. I then asked if there even was a person that would want to learn. I got the impression that we were not there to convert new members, but we were there FOR the members. 

Our days are booked with track-ting in the morning and evening and then a member dinner and a member lesson. 

We do however have an opportunity to serve a non member, we are going and helping her find her sprinkler heads which were buried because of flooding. 

On our first full day, we biked to a members house to see if we could do service for him (he is an old man) and he asked if we could move his couch for him. So we did. When we went to check on our bikes my companions front tire was flat. We had to walk our bikes about 1 mile to the ward mission leaders house (who we had a meeting with) and he inflated the tire. But it was still leaking so we had to hike about 2 miles home. We got our bikes back on Sunday with my comps bike fixed! 


My comps last comp made me a daily planner cover (photo attached below)so I decided to play along and decorate the back with some stickers! -Notice what they are holding.
When you are a new missionary they call you "green" :)



I am having to get used to the altitude. We saw some kids from the local ward out playing- we joined in in some football. But after a while I had a hard time catching my breath. I guess that comes with serving in the mountains- coming from Texas.

I am LOVING it here! 

Elder Cade Mackin

No comments:

Post a Comment