Wednesday, September 16, 2015

After a week of being in the MTC Elder Mackin's first email!

P-Day!!!

Hey everyone!

 The MTC has been great! I love it here so much!!! My Companion is..... Elder Villaneda! Who is actually Sister. Deidier's nephew!



Let me tell you some of the things I have learned!

First, and for most the biggest thing I have learned is to love my investigators! Originally I thought that the first lesson should be a basic lesson. But no, it is more of a get to know them lesson and ask questions as the spirit directs. Then the next lesson can be tailored to their needs. 

Repentance! I found out the Christ repented! Repentance is when you change actions, thoughts, or ideas and change them to be more in line with God. Before Christ suffered for our sins, He ask if God could take the cup away from him. But He then repented (changed his thoughts) and did what God had sent him there to do.







On Sunday we were able to watch a recording of a talk from Elder Bednar from the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. He spoke about the character of Christ. MAN I wish it was available to everyone! You can only see it at the MTC!

Something I took away from the talk was when he talked about the little and big plates. The small plates of the Book of Mormon were reserved for spiritual things such as prophecy. The big plates were used for the history of what was happening. When listening to a talk we should not be filling in our big plates (writing down exactly what the speaker said) but we should be filling in our small plates (writing down what the spirit tells us).

My absolutely favorite song is the Army of Helaman, We sing it every day here and it comforts me. But we sing it differently at the MTC. As written it says, "And we will BE the Lords Missionaries, to bring the world his truth." we say "And we are NOW the Lords missionaries, to bring the world his truth".

Makes me cry every single time.

I love you all!

-Elder Mackin


Elder Mackin will be leaving the Missionary Training Center Next Monday September 21st and flying to Colorado Springs to report to his first area! We should here from him next once he is in Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment