Monday, April 25, 2016

First transfer tomorrow

4/25/2016

I'm getting transferred!!! I have been serving in beautiful Castle Rock Colorado for 7 1/2 months. It was my first area in Colorado when I came out of the MTC.

I have loved it here and LOVE both the members and non-members in this town. We have seen some change in the ward. They trust the missionaries more with their friends and have gotten the first referrals in years for this ward. We have served and served. We have had some investigators which has not happened for quite awhile here.

Two of my favorite investigators, the Kendricks went to Denver and brought me back TORCHY"S TACOS!!!!! They are so awesome! I will miss them a lot.

The sister Missionaries had a Baptism on Saturday and Elder Sanford and I were witnesses (people who make sure that the person is completely submerged in water).

On Sunday, Brother Tranburg came to church! We didn't even ask him to and he came! :D It was amazing!!!

I received a call this past week from the Mission President asking me to be the senior companion in my new area and District Leader.  I was shocked! My new companion will be Elder Duke. He and I will both be the District Leaders over a few other wards/missionaries. I will be serving in Fox Creek/Antonito in Manassa, Co! I am hoping to get my address soon!

Here is a link to what the church building looks like so you can see the type of area I will be in. **  Mom and Brother Franklin- doesn't it look like our drive to Philmont Scout Ranch?!? 



I am excited for this new adventure and to be able to continue to testify of Christ and His restored gospel.

I love you all!
Elder Cade Mackin


No comments:

Post a Comment